Friday, April 2, 2010


I call it my reality check point: It was the second week of may, I was on the train, on my way to school,the weather was warm,breezy abit,a good day so far but as i looked to my right,i saw this man he was about 5/8 weighing about 300lbs, well thats how much he looked to me,but i couldnt say anything but shake my head because at one point in my life i almost weighed this much i was about 14 years old and my highest weight was 250lbs, so i could not judge, all i could think was damn that could be me,taken up two seats,where as someone else can use the other one am using,isn't this being a bit selfish to others, and i remmeber him getting up and it looked like he was a bit out of breath and im like just by getting up its that hard,wow and this other woman just shaked her head and laughed i felt sorry for him, and this when i took control of my life because i didnt wanna be him,i couldnt stand another being in such an unhealthy manner so why put myself through it,so what i did was i went home and i told my mother i wanted to join the gym, at first she was hesitant because i mean the gym is hard work and i had to prove myself by being motivated enough to want to change my life as i told her, so i finally convinced her by just walking up a few flights of stairs, i started heavy breathing, she said i was lazy and i needed to really lose weight so yes i finally had it in the bag, i joined the gym got a personal trainer and i worked out about 3 times a week, and ate healthy, which was hard because i wasnt use to eating things like whole grain, no salt, alil sugar,more water,working out so much to the point i wanna die but then again i loved it because i started seeing changes to my body,and as i got into changing the way i ate i got use to it and that summer i went from 250 lbs to 170 lbs, could you believe i was so proud of myself because i never thought that i could have made it that far, it made me feel so much better about myself, my self esteem went up extremely, and i looked and felt like a 14 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment